The project included Miyavi’s first Anisong cover album and a world tour—the first in North America. Following the NA tour, in December MIYAVI will hold “Electric Christmas 2022”, a special Christmas live show in three Japanese cities!
what you need to know:
- Nicknamed “Samurai Guitarist”, Miyavi is an artist with an active career in Japan and abroad. In recent years, she starred in the film Kate and voice acting for the Netflix animated series Arcane, which includes her music in the soundtrack. Additionally, when the football team Paris Saint-Germain came to Japan, they gave their opening performances at the National Stadium. Also, on Sado Island, Miyavi collaborated with Kodo, a taiko drumming troupe that keeps traditional Japanese music and arts alive through their performances, and this week, in the film Hell Dogs, in which she was cast, It hits Japanese cinemas nationwide on September 16. He is a dynamic artist whose work transcends boundaries and genres.
- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of their solo debut, Miyavi is launching a 20th anniversary project called “Miyavi 20th & Beyond” on 31 October. This project will not only celebrate his 20 years in the music industry, but will also show how he will further develop as an artist. For the first part of the project, Miyavi will release their first anime song cover album. The album will be called “Miyaverse – Anima -” and will feature five carefully selected anime songs that are well-liked overseas as well. They will be born anew with Miyavi’s signature sound and will surely rock the new audio-visual world.
- Tracks for the album have been announced and include the signature songs “The Galaxy Express 999”, “Get Wild”, “Soul’s Refrain”, and “Eternal Wind ~Hohomi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka~”, as well as recent hits. Will be “Blue Bird”. New artist photos were unveiled with the album announcement and sequences matching the theme of each song would be announced later.
- In October, Miyavi will begin its world tour to celebrate its 20th anniversary, with a massive North American tour, similar to last year. And if fans weren’t already excited enough, it was announced that in December, he’ll be performing “Electric Christmas 2022”, a special Christmas live show that will be held in Nagoya, Osaka, and Yokohama. Enjoy the Holy Nights with the commemorative songs of Miyavi and her last 20 years. Plus, stay tuned for updates on the rest of their world tour after New Years!
- Please continue to pay close attention to Miyavi’s rapidly growing global activities and catch up on all the details of the 20th anniversary project as new information is released.
- Miyavi’s album Miyaviverse – Anima – will be released on November 23!
Cover Album Miyaverse – Anima –
release date: November 23, 2022
*Song order yet to be finalized
Galaxy Express 999
abstinence of the soul
Eternal Wind ~ Hohomi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka~
2022 North American tour details
The elusive North America Tour 2022 “Futurism”
countries: US, Canada
Dates: October 5 – November 7, 2022 (local time)
October 5: Washington DC The State Theater
October 8: New York LPR
October 9: Boston Brighton Music Hall
October 11: Montreal Le National
October 12: Toronto Axis Club
October 15: Pittsburgh Thunderbird Cage and Music Hall
October 17: Chicago Cobra Lounge #1
October 18: Chicago Cobra Lounge #2
October 20: Minneapolis Fine Line
October 21: Kansas Knuckleheads
October 23rd: Dallas Trees
October 24th: Houston Scout Bar
October 25: Come to Austin and Take It Live
October 27th: Arizona Nile Theater
October 31st: Los Angeles Fonda Theater
November 2: Vancouver Rickshaw
November 3: Seattle NEUMOS
November 5: Portland Hawthorne Theater
November 7: San Francisco August Hall
*The above schedule is subject to change.
Miyavi has gained worldwide attention as a guitarist for his unconventional “slap guitar” style, in which he plays the electric guitar with his fingers instead of the pickup. He has performed over 380 live shows in 30 certain countries, and has 8 successful world tours under his belt. Other achievements include arranging the Japanese version of the theme song for the blockbuster film Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, composing music for a Honda commercial, composing music for SMAP, and working with many other artists. In September 2021, they released the album Imaginary and successfully completed a 20-show North American tour, a 5-show Japan tour and a 2-show Hawaii tour.
Apart from his musical activities, he is also active as an actor and a model. In 2017, he became the first Japanese to be appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees). As a “samurai guitarist”, he is constantly facing new challenges and is one of the most promising Japanese artists operating on the international stage.
Miyavi official site, http://myv382tokyo.com
Source: Official Press Release