Publishing industry veteran to manage US operations and drive growth for iconic graphic novel and manga brand
what you need to know:
- TokyoPop has announced that it has promoted Mark Wisnick to COO and Publisher. He previously served as VP of publishing since joining the manga and graphic novel company in early 2022.
- In his new role, Visnick will manage all North American operations including print, digital, editorial, marketing/PR, sales and distribution. As the comics, manga and graphic novel markets continue to expand, Visnic will develop strategies to drive growth and efficiency for the brand. He will report to Stu Levy, founder and CEO of TOKYOPOP.
- During his time at TOKYOPOP, Visnick has doubled the company’s revenue year over year, significantly expanded the brand’s presence in the North American market through retail channel expansion and partnerships, increased market share, and implemented a new production process to efficiently scale material output.
- A veteran of the publishing industry, Wisnik was previously VP of sales and business development for indie comics publisher, TKO Studios, where he oversaw worldwide distribution, marketing, PR, licensing, printing, direct-to-consumer, e-commerce, merchandising, and marketing. , managed. and independent retail channels. During his tenure, he doubled TKO Studios’ print sales and expanded the digital catalog across all major trade, comic book and library channels.
- Visnick also previously served as Senior Business Development Manager at Ingram Content Group, where he developed new revenue streams for both print and digital content distribution businesses, increased unit margins and doubled unit sales for key legacy clients did. Prior to Ingram, he worked with Callisto Media, Inc. and held the role of Director of Sales for Lonely Planet/BBC Worldwide.
- “I’m thrilled to expand my role at TokyoPop and look forward to leading a variety of initiatives to expand our reader base and market share,” says Wisnick. “It is an exciting time for TokyoPop to promote Mark Wisnick to COO and Publisher for the pop culture and publishing opportunity and TokyoPop is well-positioned to be at the forefront of the momentum that is driving the global popularity of manga and graphic novels. posted from.”
- “Mark Wisnick has contributed greatly to TOKYOPOP’s success since joining us in 2022 and is the perfect fit to take on the role of COO and Publisher. I’m confident that his leadership and vision will continue to make a difference,” says Stu Levy, Founder and CEO of TOKYOPOP.
Source: Official Press Release